Quinton Simon’s babysitter breaks silence as new details emerge about mom Leilani’s last hours before shocking arrest

Quinton Simon’s babysitter broke her silence as details emerged about Leilani Simon’s final hours after she was arrested and charged with her son’s murder.

Little Quinton was reported missing on October 5 and the Chatham County Police Department believes human remains found in the landfill are 20 months old.

Quinton Simon's Babysitter Breaks Her Silence After Leilani Simon's Arrest [picture] for killing your son


Quinton Simon’s Babysitter Breaks Her Silence After Leilani Simon’s Arrest [picture] for killing your sonCredits: Mega Agency
Quinton was reported missing on October 5 and police believe the remains found at the landfill are his.


Quinton was reported missing on October 5 and police believe the remains found at the landfill are his.Credit: Facebook/billy.betterton

DNA tests are still being conducted to confirm the identity, however, the news comes just hours after the child’s mother, 22-year-old Leilani Simon, was arrested for his murder.

Diana McCarta, who says she looked after Quinton for the 10 months before he went missing, had a strong reaction to the news.

McCarta says she keeps thinking about the time she got a text message saying she wouldn’t have to take care of Quinton that day.

“You wonder what he’s had to go through since I got the text that morning when he left my house. I can’t even imagine and I don’t want to think about it because it drives me crazy,” he said.

Quinton Simon's grandmother 'tipped off the FBI about the baby's mother' before his arrest
Leilani Simon has been arrested for the murder of Quinton Simon

People all over the country are demanding justice for the little boy and McCarta believes Leilani’s arrest is bringing them closer to that end.

“I don’t know how a mother can hurt her child. I don’t know what goes through her mind to hurt her child.

McCarta said, “I’m glad justice is going to be served because Quinton needs it.”

“We want justice for this precious child, whatever it is, whoever it is.

He added, “In the end, all the protesters and the family all wanted the same thing. We wanted justice for this precious child.”

According to Leilani’s mother, Billie Jo Howell, Leilani checked herself into a treatment center.

She remained there for a few weeks, and both women remained in constant contact with the FBI.

However, Howell learns that his daughter was on her way to the treatment center to test herself and has to make a decision.

A family friend who spoke to WTOC on Howell’s highly emotional phone call said: “Her mother had to make one of the most difficult decisions of her life [to] Call the FBI agents and tell them she is signing herself out.

“And that she couldn’t come back here and she was going to be a flight risk.

“Because she couldn’t come back here because she was going to go back to the streets, God knows what, God knows who.”

last hour

The friend said that at the request of the FBI, Howell picked up Leilani from the center and spent her last few free hours with her daughter.

“They asked her to buy some time. So, she went and got Leilani’s stuff from another center, and then she took Leilani to get her last free meal,” the friend said.

Howell then took Leilani to the Savannah FBI office where she was eventually arrested and charged with her son’s murder.

On Wednesday, a judge refused to let Leilani post bond in court.

The young mother did not appear but pleaded not guilty and a preliminary hearing is set for January 11.

The Chatham County Police Department had said in the past that they did not think Leilani was a flight risk and when asked if that had changed for her arrest, Chief Jeff Hadley replied, “No.”

An Accident

In a phone call obtained by DailyMail.com, Howell reportedly told the boy’s father, Henry “Bubba” Moss, that he believed Quinton had drowned in the bathtub.

On the day that Quinton was reported missing, police said that Leilani’s boyfriend, Daniel Youngkin, had called her at 6 a.m. to wake up.

Hadley said: “The mother later woke up at another time and reported the child missing at 9.39am.

“The biological father of the boy was not with him at the time of his disappearance.

“The child’s mother and her boyfriend are working with detectives.”

Court documents reviewed by WJCL show that the family was also in trouble before Quinton went missing.

According to the papers, Howell wanted to remove Leilani and Youngkin from his home.

The documents claimed the pair had “damaged” Howell’s property and that Leilani allegedly had a history of stealing from the family.

I Love Meat And Tried Lizzo's Vegan Junk Food Diet For 48 Hours - It Felt Terrible
World's 'most haunted' theme park plagued by 'phantom noises' after shutdown

Court records obtained by The US Sun show that Leilani’s two other children were taken from their mother’s home on October 12 amid the search for Quinton.

Child Protective Services removed the children shortly after believing Leilani to be the prime suspect.

DNA testing is currently being done to confirm the identity of the remains


DNA testing is currently being done to confirm the identity of the remainsCredit: Chatham County Police Department
Quinton's grandmother, Billie Jo Howell, turns Leilani over to the FBI.


Quinton’s grandmother, Billie Jo Howell, turns Leilani over to the FBI.Credits: Facebook

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Then We Knew It Was on..” – Roman Reigns Shark Tank Keto Gummies Scam Alert? McDonald’s Halloween Buckets Could Be Back How to Watch Spacecraft Collide With Deep Space Asteroid Grand Theft Auto VI footage leaked after the hack Floyd Mayweather Jr boxer knocks out Mikuru Asakura martial artist